Senior COBOL Dev (Perm or Freelance)
Roles & Responsibilities
Our client is a life insurer with great ambitions in Belgium. They protect what is most dear to their customers: their families. They see this as a very personal matter, and they want to make a difference.
With 1.4 million unique customers, 600 happy employees and an annual turnover of EUR 1 billion, our client is part of a strong international group.
The Objective here is to develop, maintain and run jobs on the mainframe to support crucial business processes during the replatforming project and beyond. Learn different software environments to support the lifecycle of the solutions on the new platform.
As a Cobol Developer AS/400, you are responsible for the running and maintaining of business crucial processes of our client. A replatforming project is started and the solutions will be ported to Java in the next year. In a plus you can support your colleagues in acquiring Java experience.
Together with the team you will decide every 2 weeks what tickets you can take up. You will be in contact with the Business and supported by your colleagues to fulfil them, but you work mainly autonomic. Automation of manual processes is highly encouraged. You will work on different applications but an onboarding is foreseen to learn them one by one.
Executes following tasks
- Run and maintain processes on the Cobol & AS/400 programs
- Communicate clearly to business on the status of the execution
- Develop atomisation for manual tasks
- Develop improvements on the programs based on the requirements of business
- Test the flows, and ensure the required performance
- Ensure best practices are used
- Cobol is a must
- AS/400 is a must
- File transfer and scheduler is a must.
- Java is a plus
- Development tools like TSO, ISPF, NDVR, JCL , OPC MFT CICS, IDMS is considered a plus
- Learns fast and is willing to learn different technologies.
- Is willing to stay for longer term
Ready to work as a team player in an Agile scrum team located next to the Brussels South train station on a full time basis.
About Dynafin Consulting
Our company consists of more than 145 committed consultants with offering strong expertise in the different domains: Risk - Invest – Payments – Credits – Insurance. In these domains we support our clients in:
- Operational Excellence
- Regulatory Compliancy
- Software and Solution selection & Implementation
One single Sector – DynaFin Consulting focus exclusively on the financial sector. We have carried out and we do know the business of our clients.
One single Partner – Our experts accompany our clients in any dimension of their business. We provide unique and pragmatic solutions to their needs.
We provide our clients with 3 levels of solutions:
- Advising the business : As an independent niche player in Financial Services, part of a European Eco-System, we provide you with unique market insights, based on our wide spread presence in the market and continuous development of innovative solutions within our extensive industry network
- Changing the business: We manage transformation projects with proven methodologies based on an extensive track record
- Running the business: We accelerate the progress towards the operational excellence target of our clients
In 12 years we have become a reference in the Belgian Financial Services landscape, starting from a specialization in securities services and acquiring knowledge in other domains, offering a one-stop-shop solution to our clients with a full range of services from strategical to operational.
In July 2017 we have joined the Alan Allman Associates ecosystem, becoming the 19th member of the ecosystem, each having its own range of expertise on major topics such as risk management, digital transformation, data and business intelligence, organizations and process management, change management, architecture and infrastructure …